Thursday, September 13, 2007

Late night musings



Here I am, at 11:30p.m., sitting at my computer. I've got mlb.com fired up, keeping track of the Tampa Bay-Seattle game. Two of my three favorite teams. And all three of them aren't doing so hot. San Francisco has been nothing more than the Barry Bonds home run chase all season long; Tampa Bay was the last major league team I've been to see and it seems like Seattle was in the wild card lead just the other day and while still mathematically in the hunt, are about as out of it as you can get. Boy, the bottom sure fell out for them pretty quickly, didn't it?



Speaking of hockey(Was I?), I just finished reading a story about the computers at the rink in Saginaw, Michigan (Home of the OHL's Spirit) not doing their jobs correctly and as a result, the ice completely, not partially, but completely melted away. Fortunately, for them, they have enough time to rebuild the ice before the start of the season. In the WHL, Portland, after the dismal season they had last season, have a new coach, more new players and apparently, a new attitude. We'll see just how many wins that all translates into. The fans, hats off to them, continue to stick by them. We'll see what difference, if any, it makes with this season's entire home schedule being played in Memorial Coliseum. The team's new (in their second year) ownership is finally starting to make some progress in getting the city to begin to follow through on promised improvements to the building, including brand-new video replay screens. Hopefully, the grand ol' "Glass Palace" will return to it's glory days and the fans, who think the team should be playing in the 20,000 seat Rose Garden, will see that the Coliseum is still an excellent place to watch a hockey game.

Finally, (Since it's late, I'm yawning and the Rays are pounding the Mariners) I just want to say how happy I am right now. I have the best wife and children (four-legged variety)that any man could possibly have. I sure know how to pick 'em!

Well, that's it for now. I'd be heading off to bed as soon as I post this, but there's two outs in the bottom of the 8th and Seattle has a rally going. Talk to you later everybody.

**Editor's note: Seattle, down 5-0 in the second rallied, scoring 5 in the 8th, including 3 with two outs, to win 8-7. Sure, too little, too late (most likely) to make the post season. But, still, it's fun to see the home team come back and win like that. And then, to see J.J. Putz come in in the 9th and blow down the Rays in order. I love baseball!

No comments:

Oh Baby Vision

How to watch the videos on Oh Baby Vision

In the upper left hand corner, there's three horizontal lines. Click that once or twice and it'll bring up thumbnails of all the movies. Click on the one you want to watch and it'll start. It may play the next one automatically, or you may have to click the little box to bring the thumbnails back up.



Now with the addition of more videos, just use the scroll bar on the right to choose the one you want to watch.



I hope you like 'em